Part of our new governance model, the Pride Forum will be the charity’s first advisory group of community members, designed to be as representative as possible of the wide community that the organisation serves. It will meet quarterly, or as required to fulfil its remit:
- To advise the board on matters related to the organisation’s objectives, delivery and community relations
- To represent the interests of the community within the organisation between member meetings
- To scrutinise the activity of the organisation including the board and committees, through regular reporting, and to make suggestions and recommendations.
- To hold the organisation accountable to the membership, by way of this regular scrutiny, and by calling a members’ meeting to resolve any issues
The composition of the Pride Forum will be as follows:
- One Charity Trustee, elected at the board’s discretion
- Five open places for members, elected from within the membership at each AGM
- Reserved places for members self-identifying as
- One bisexual member
- One trans member
- One intersex member
- One GSM member who does not identify in one of the above ways
- One disabled member
- One Black or ethnic minority member
- One woman member
- One Ally (straight) member
Any member may nominate themselves for election to the Forum. Elections will take place at the AGM.
To nominate yourself, please complete the form below.